SEO Program Manager
Are you a data-driven project manager who has the skills and experience to drive the continuous improvement of SEO strategies and tactics?
Are you the one who holds others accountable to the highest standard of SEO best practices because of your intimate understanding of them?
Do you have the skills and experience to see the big picture of multiple high-impact SEO projects, while being always ready to dive into the weeds to adjust the critical path for success?
Are you exceptional at using data and logic to defend recommendations to internal and external stakeholders, and are you always seeking to learn from each experience?
Do you want to join an award-winning and passionate SEO team that leverages proprietary artificial intelligence and machine-learning tools to drive traffic, engagement, and ultimately value to our clients?
If the answer is yes, then Arteric might be the perfect place to come and spend a couple of years. In this role, you will leverage our custom-built tools in addition to the industry’s leading enterprise SEO tools, like Conductor, DeepCrawl, and Adobe Analytics.
You will learn to master these tools through regular training sessions while executing on the strategies informed by our data science practice.
Finally, we will send you to SEO conferences such as SMX East to further refine your skills.
- You have an extraordinary capacity to learn, adapt, and organize a complex multi-project team
- You have led teams of multiple digital producers, software developers, or SEO specialists
- You can execute against formal processes, and you want to learn from the smartest/best SEO people in the world
- You can articulate the process and rationale for a content audit, a technical SEO audit, SERP analysis, and keyword research
- You have the capacity and motivation to implement best practices, while at the same time innovating beyond them
- You are not too proud to get your hands dirty by doing data collection, execution, etc.
- You have confidently presented “in front of the room to clients” in a polished manner
- You have a very strong understanding of Google Analytics, Search Console, Google Trends, and Excel
- You are accountable for measurable and quantifiable results
- You are obsessed with the details
- You are insatiably curious about how search engines work and why different sites rank
As an SEO Project Manager, You Will
- Coordinate and manage up to 30 concurrent SEO engagements supported by multiple SEO managers, analysts, and writers in collaboration with brand teams and other agencies
- Serve as the primary point of contact for SEO tasks, receive and distribute tasks to the SEO team, and own all necessary follow-up
- Run weekly SEO status meetings to advance projects with internal and external teams
- Own the day-to-day operations to ensure that projects remain on track and within budget
- Relay clear and specific expectations, timelines, priorities, challenges, and new developments in detail to key team members/parties
- Coordinate internal reviews and implementation-related quality assurance efforts
- Come from a place of perpetual learning, always seeking to improve and optimize processes, develop new ones, and participate in the overall growth of the department and agency
- Work with JIRA, Smartsheet, or other project-management tools
- Communicate issues, bug reports, and change orders to leadership
- Document lessons learned, update best practices, and share this information with internal teams
- Create and deliver customer-facing presentations of findings and recommendations
- Contribute to content audits, technical SEO audits, SERP analysis, and keyword research
- Hands-on SEO experience for a large portfolio of brands
- Hands-on multi-year SEO experience in pharmaceutical or biotechnology marketing
- Agency experience in managing digital marketing and web development/design projects
- SEO and PM work experience in healthcare/pharmaceutical experience required
- Understanding of digital marketing and web development best practices
- Regular use of and high degree of knowledge about SEO tools such as SEMrush, Moz, Raven Tools, Authority Labs, Google Lighthouse, Conductor, MarketMuse, and Screaming Frog (experience with other tools not listed here will be considered)
- Strong understanding of Google Analytics, Search Console, Google Trends, and Excel
- Exquisite communication skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Detail orientation
What’s In It For You
If you’ve made it to this point in reading this post, then you are probably already thinking, “this is all great, but what’s in it for me?”
At Arteric, you will work side-by-side with our incredibly seasoned and talented developers to identify new and unique ways to apply data science and machine learning to SEO challenges. For example, we have used AI technology to build proprietary tools to help inform our SEO work. One tool uses machine learning and natural language processing to identify signals hidden in hundreds of thousands of user interactions. Another tool analyzes competitors’ content vs our client’s website to assess relative power and authority across topics.
With those same teams, you will work to identify best practices for technical SEO that can be standardized into Arteric’s technology-development process. This will allow you to expand your SEO skills with advanced analytics techniques in a one-of-a-kind way.
At Arteric, our mission is to explore the boundaries of the possible and create life-changing experiences through feature-rich, defect-free deliverables that work everywhere and every time. We do this every day by connecting patients, caregivers, and healthcare providers to the information patients need to live longer, healthier lives.
The hallmark of our work is superior execution and the relentless pursuit of quality. In 2018, Arteric was named to MM&M’s Agency to Watch list. In 2019, MM&M included Arteric in their Agency 100, a list of the top 100 healthcare marketing agencies in the US. Earlier this year, Gartner described Arteric as an agency that is creating value with AI and machine learning. This was in recognition of the thought leadership on SEO and AI that the firm has demonstrated with speaking engagements at 20+ digital marketing conferences over the past two years. Additionally, in 2018 Arteric won 15 design/UX Awards and powered through the year with 40% growth, a trend that continues in 2019.
We do all of this without office politics and BS. We take pride in having a culture that is friendly and supportive. We know that together we can and do find the answers that we need for creating value and growth for our customers—because together, we are the experts in digital marketing.
This is an onsite position at Arteric’s office in Summit, NJ.
Arteric is an Equal Opportunity Employer in compliance with the laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, age, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, or any other legally protected status.