Do you love transforming brand data into market insights? Do you have a track record of uncovering hidden audience needs? Can you rapidly identify the keywords and vocabularies of online discussions? Do you know how to win search battles in a world where screens are optional?
Keep reading if you’re ready to up your search game as part of a search team that never settles for just “better.”
About the Position
At Arteric, the SEO Manager is a key member of the Strategy, Analytics, and Media team that will participate on multiple cross-functional teams that include representatives from the client services, technology, QA, and creative departments.
The SEO Manager understands that the purpose of SEO is not to improve rankings, it is to drive qualified traffic that converts. Working independently and with the support of a world-class SEO thought leader, the SEO Manager will push the boundaries of search and content strategies.
Arteric is leading the charge to apply artificial intelligence in SEM campaigns for healthcare marketers. By using AI to analyze marketing data, we’re extracting insights that provide a competitive advantage and leave competitors scrambling to catch up. The SEO Manager will create the strategies that others will eventually mimic.
As an SEO Manager, You Will
- Own the development and execution of strategies to continue clients’ organic traffic growth and build authority on its targeted topics
- Perform comprehensive SEO audits consisting of technical, performance, link portfolio, and content analyses to identify improvement opportunities
- Manage ongoing optimization services for multiple clients. Activities will include but are not limited to:
- Tracking organic ranking of client websites. Recommend keywords to track and chase for those sites
- Developing insights on client SERP analysis
- Creating and presenting impactful reports/presentations for clients
- Providing content recommendations for meta information and structured markup based on keyword research and strategy
- Collaborating with a cross-functional team to deploy recommendations and complete the projects
- Proposing and executing backlink development to improve website authority
- Monitoring industry for changes in search engine algorithms, best practices
- Help win new business with thought-provoking and innovative ideas with respect to SEO
- Work side-by-side with the Technology team to identify new best practices for technical SEO that should be standardized into our technology development process
- Work with technology team to identify innovative ways to apply data science and machine learning to SEO challenges
We are looking for a proven team player with the skills and desire to help our clients WIN:
- 5+ years hands-on experience in developing SEO strategies and tactics that have produced above-average traffic growth
- Expert knowledge of Google Analytics, Search Console, Google Trends, and Excel. If you are not familiar with pivot tables, VLOOKUP, and other text functions in Excel, do not apply
- Equally adept at technical aspects of SEO and content/user experience aspects
- Expert knowledge of SEO tools like SEMRush, Moz, Raven Tools, AuthorityLabs, Google Lighthouse, and Screaming Frog, among others
- Insatiable curiosity to question the data
- Ability to weave a story around data taken from multiple sources
- Compulsion to find out the answers that provide insights and guidance
- Obsessive focus on details, data, tracking, and insights
- Ability to communicate the rationale for keywords, data, and analysis to senior management and clients
- Passion for learning and continuous improvement
Nice to have:
- Digital healthcare experience preferred. Understanding of healthcare approval process/requirements for meta information a plus
- Programming skills in Python, R are a plus
- Direct marketing experience a plus
- Advanced mathematics, statistics a plus
Why Choose Arteric?
Our mission is to “Explore the boundaries of the possible and create life-changing experiences through feature-rich, defect-free software that works everywhere and every time.”
Arteric is an award-winning agency that accomplishes this globally for blockbuster healthcare, DTC, and OTC brands. The hallmark of our work is superior execution and the enthusiastic pursuit of quality.
This is a tall order for most healthcare agencies; but as software developers turned marketers, we do it every day, at scale. We are driven to connect patients, caregivers, and healthcare professionals to the health information patients need to live longer, healthier lives.
Our core competence is the development of digital strategy and the execution of it through the design, building, and maintenance of complex digital properties. Our websites and Web applications are available in over 35 countries and 28 languages; we reach more than 6 million people per year. Over the past 18 months, we architected, developed, tested, and deployed more than 260 digital healthcare projects. We serve a mix of Rx and OTC/CPG brands. And we won 15 design awards in 2018. We are stacking our team because our client responsibilities are growing rapidly.
When you join Arteric, you will experience opportunities and challenges that will catalyze your growth. We believe in a Just Culture that focuses on technical competence, the merit of ideas, hard work, and innovation. We value a passion for learning and discovery, industriousness, selflessness, resilience, rigorous honesty, and exceptional competence.
We make it easy for you to enjoy life inside and outside of work. We have a generous paid-time-off policy that mandates unplugged time off (bonuses are paid for disconnecting—no email or phone communication), 100% paid employee medical insurance, 401k retirement savings plan with nonelective employer contribution, long- and short-term disability insurance, vision, dental, and more.
If you’re a master at managing multiple digital marketing projects and want to play a key role in a growing digital healthcare communications agency, send us your résumé.
This is an onsite position at Arteric’s office in Summit, NJ.
Arteric is an Equal Opportunity Employer in compliance with the laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, age, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, or any other legally protected status.