Paid Search Manager (PPC, SEM)
Are you a Paid Search Manager with a proven track record of driving traffic and conversions through PPC and SEM campaigns on Google Ads (Adwords) and Microsoft Advertising (Bing Ads) in competitive niches? Do you love the psychology of direct response? Are you data driven and deeply competitive? Do you love to test? Do large data sets and lexical analysis excite you? Do you know the secrets to improving quality score? Do you love collaborating on the crafting of ad copy and landing pages that convert? Can you get lost in the data and emerge with insights? Do you want to join an agency that is on track for 60% growth in 2020? Do you want to work with a growth-minded, competitive team that is changing the world?
If your answer is an honest Hell yeah!, keep reading.
Why Choose Arteric?
Arteric is a 2× Top-100 agency that was recognized in 2019 by Gartner for our innovation with artificial intelligence and machine learning. Our boutique team has helped our clients earn more than $110 billion in revenue over the past 10 years. We achieve all of this while having fun in a zero-politics company culture that is built on a durable value system. We also offer stability. We are growing even in these tough times, and we are proud to be a 2019 Best Place to Work.
Dig a little deeper, and you will find out why we are growing while others are not. It is our mission, which is to "Explore the boundaries of the possible, creating life-changing experiences through defect-free software that works everywhere, every time."
This is a tall order for most healthcare agencies, but as software developers turned marketers, we do it every day, at scale. We are driven to connect patients, caregivers, and healthcare professionals to the health information patients need to live longer, healthier lives.
The hallmark of Arteric's work is superior execution and the unrelenting pursuit of quality and measurable results. Our core competence is the development of digital strategy, and execution of that strategy through the design, building, and maintenance of complex digital properties.
We support our digital properties with a world-class team of data scientists, SEOs, and PPC specialists. The team you will join — Arteric's Strategy, Insights, and Media team — is results-driven: seeking to outperform our clients' objectives.
This position will be pivotal in helping us to transform an entire segment of the healthcare delivery market. (We wish we could tell you more, but the project is both exciting and hush-hush!)
If you want reach and influence, you've come to the right place. Our team is handling digital marketing and strategy for more than 50 brands that earn in excess of $15B annually.
When you join Arteric, you will experience opportunities and challenges that will catalyze your growth. We believe in a Just Culture that focuses on technical competence, the merit of ideas, hard work, resourcefulness, and innovation. We value a passion for learning and discovery, industriousness, selflessness, resilience, rigorous honesty, and exceptional competence.
We make it easy for you to enjoy life inside and outside of work. We have a generous paid-time-off policy that mandates unplugged time off (bonuses are paid for disconnecting — no email or phone communication), 100% paid employee medical insurance, 401k retirement savings plan with a 3% non-elective employer contribution, long- and short-term disability insurance, vision, dental, and more. We provide MacBook Pros and access to annual marketing conferences and training.
Arteric is a no-nonsense, growth-oriented agency. We are building something remarkable. Our interview process is rigorous, but it ensures that we hire the best talent—and we are prepared to develop that talent! We will call your references and verify your results.
So, if you are a master of direct-response paid search, have a proven track record in digital, love data, and want to play a critical role in a growing digital healthcare agency, apply for the position.
About the position
First, we refer to SEM Manager, Paid Search Manager, and PPC Manager as the same role! If you identify as one of these titles, you might be the right person. Can you tell that we are doing a little SEO with this job description? The US search volumes on those titles are 260, 390, and 1,600 per month, respectively.
Arteric is searching for an SEM manager with proven experience in researching, creating, and managing successful PPC campaigns on Google Ads and Microsoft Advertising to join our growing Strategy, Insights, and Media team. The role of our SEM manager is to exceed our clients' expectations by maximizing the value of their paid search investments, whether that value is defined by a conversion action or engagement KPI. The ideal candidate is a savvy marketer who is data-driven, detail-oriented, and compelled to deliver results.
Arteric's PPC campaigns are based on thorough research that includes a deep understanding of our clients' business objectives for their paid search efforts, analyzing the SERP results for targeted keywords, assessing competitor SEM activities and strategy, along with the basics in keyword mapping and strategy sessions with various cross-functional stakeholders.
To excel in this position, you must be industrious, ever-learning, extraordinarily competent, and fanatical about performance. You need effective communication skills, both oral and written.
As a paid search manager, you will:
- Drive the creation and implementation of PPC campaigns in Google Ads and Microsoft Advertising
- Drive the creation of landing pages
- Set up and execute A/B or multivariant tests of keywords, ad copy, and landing page elements
- Create direct-response SEM campaigns that convert to calls and revenue
- Perform competitive research and keyword research
- Recommend and implement bidding strategies based on clients' business objectives and budget constraints
- Monitor, manage, and optimize all aspects of paid search campaigns in order to deliver on client objectives and goals
- Collaborate with our writers on creating ad copy
- Ensure that clients' analytics are set up to provide measurements for conversion actions
- Create monthly performance dashboards and reports
- Understand and adhere to all policies and regulatory guidelines
- Interface with Google and Microsoft support staff
- Present your insights and data to clients
- 4+ years of hands-on PPC experience (Google Ads and Microsoft Advertising) with demonstrated success in independent execution of campaigns that achieved clients' objectives
- 4+ years of hands-on Google Analytics experience
- Experience in managing ad budgets in excess of $500,000
- Measurable performance, we are going to ask you about:
- CTRs, CPCs, CPAs
- Conversion strategy
- Keyword research
- Impact on revenue
- Conversion rate
- Number of leads driven
- Successes and failures
- Bidding strategy
- Click to call strategy
- Click and call fraud mitigation strategies
- Certification in Google Analytics and Google Ads within past year
- Ability to articulate the components of successful direct-response PPC campaigns that you have implemented in the past 2 years
- Expertise in Google Search Console, Google Trends, and other intelligence tools (eg, SEMRush, WordStream, Moz)
- Exceptional verbal & written communication skills
- Experience in using Google Data Studio for setting up dashboards is a plus
- Advanced expertise in Excel. Do not apply if you do not know how to do a VLOOKUP. Experience with relational databases a plus
- BS, BA, MS, or MA in a relevant field of study
- Adobe Analytics
- Experience with DoubleClick, Marin, or Kenshoo
- Experience in generating leads for drug and alcohol rehab, law firms, or for-profit educational institutions
- Pharma & biotech experience
- LegitScript experience
- Strong background in statistics
- Strong background in behavioral psychology or linguistics
This position will be remote indefinitely until the threat of COVID passes.
Arteric is an Equal Opportunity Employer in compliance with the laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, age, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, or any other legally protected status.