Junior UX Designer
In this time of uncertainty, Arteric is adapting how we hire, work, and support our team. COVID-19 has certainly impacted our operations. Traditionally, we have been an in-person company because we feel that we achieve the optimum level of creative collaboration when we can see each other and have spontaneous interactions. On March 12, we decided to convert to a work-from-home company for 3-months. This pivot forced us to examine how we communicate, collaborate, and support each other. The Leadership Team and I are very pleased with the performance and adaptability of the team. We believe that our decisive actions and transparency have helped everyone continue to perform while caring for their loved ones. My goal is to reinforce the resilience of our team and create confidence in management and the future.
We will be evaluating our stance on work-from-home monthly. Thus, we do not have a clear answer on what the future will hold and how we will structure the company. Please do not let this stand in the way of your decision to speak to us, regardless of your location.
If you want to work with a world-class team that is deeply engaged on multiple major drug launches, transformative R&D in SEO, lexical analysis, content strategy, and website/iCVA builds and that believes in transparency in communication and strategy, you should talk to us. We are hiring the best marketing and technical talent we can find from across industries, especially those hardest hit by the recent layoffs and disruptions.
Our commitment is to remain transparent, flexible, and committed to doing what is best for the team, our clients, and our collective future.
Hans Kaspersetz, President & Chief Strategist
Do you have an intimate working knowledge of how to create memorable, inspiring, and effective experiences for healthcare professionals and the people whose lives they touch?
Can you create an effortless experience for the user, regardless of screen size?
Can you conceptualize and bring to life a creative vision that thrills your clients’ customers AND your development team?
If so, please keep reading. We’re looking for you.
- You have a passion for crafting user experiences that engage a broad spectrum of audiences
- You possess exceptional visual communication skills that translate customer needs into impactful experiences and that communicate effectively and engage effortlessly
- You advocate for the user, motivated by the need to create the simplest designs to drive the user to the information they need and the connections your clients desire
- You enjoy capturing and interpreting input directly from clients and from cross-functional teams to create better UX
- You can meet communication objectives within budget requirements
As a Junior UX Designer, You Will
- Originate fresh, innovative concepts to solve clients’ business problems
- Transform conceptual ideas into purposeful, effective digital designs across multiple platforms
- Be a strong advocate for protocols of design consistency and design principles
- Create wireframes and interactive demos to illustrate the project's concept and requirements
- Work through all phases of discovery, design gap analysis, IA, functional annotations, and hand-off with fellow designers and developers
- Be knowledgeable about appropriate design techniques and disciplines (digital, interactive, graphic, iconography, data visualization, typography)
- Collaborate effectively with a multi-disciplinary team in troubleshooting, and introduce new creative ideas to achieve a common goal
- Present creative work confidently to all stakeholders; validating design choices and explaining strategic & users’ rationale; and helping our clients understand the complexities of our tech solutions
- Work within challenging time constraints on multiple project deadlines while remaining on budget
- Participate in brainstorming and creative workgroups to conceptualize new work
- Be able to work to technical specifications, or provide specification solutions
- Collaborate with QA teams to ensure the integrity & standards of our designs by performing creative reviews of websites or apps after development is complete
- Create and maintain well-organized master files (PSDs, Sketch, design files) that increase team efficiencies, particularly those of the development team
- Demonstrate a firm understanding of corporate identity and branding
- Create, manipulate, and optimize images in Adobe Photoshop
- BFA degree
- 1-2 years of experience in a digital agency environment
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch
- Experience in Axure or comparable functional annotation software
- Experience in building interactive prototypes to validate designs
- Experience in several of the following: designing user workflows, decision support systems, large dataset visualizations and framework-level interactions, information architecture, usability research/analysis
- Experience in applying common user-centered design practices and tools to solve challenging design problems
- Strong understanding of how content and functionality work together to present conceptual work at the wireframing stage, including a fundamental understanding of IA and functional annotations
- Strong understanding of how to use typography, color theory (CMYK, RGB, HEX), and negative space to express hierarchy
- Strong comprehension of grid systems for cross-platform design
- Understanding of the capabilities and limitations of Web design, including knowledge of appropriate file formats, resolution, and compression
- Portfolio of Web design, app design, digital advertising, UX work, including responsive design across platforms
- Verbal & written communication skills that enable articulation of the design rationale
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Other Qualifications That Will Support Your Candidacy
- Experience in healthcare or a similar regulated industry
- Understanding of workflow systems, software development processes
- Technical knowledge of how websites are built and delivered (WordPress/Drupal)
- Social media marketing expertise
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint
- Experience in print publication
- Knowledge of coding and/or analytics
- Photography/video/editing experience
What’s In It For You
If you’ve made it to this point, then you’re probably thinking, “this is all great, but what’s in it for me?”
At Arteric, anything is possible. You’ll experience opportunities and challenges that will catalyze your growth in ways that you would never imagine. Silos don’t exist at Arteric. You will become a UX expert and advance as far as your passion, imagination, and creativity take you.
You’ll experience a Just Culture that focuses on the merit of ideas, hard work, and innovation. We value passion for learning and discovery, industriousness, selflessness, resilience, rigorous honesty, and exceptional competence.
We provide a generous paid-time-off policy that mandates unplugged time off (bonuses are paid for disconnecting—no email or phone communication); medical, vision, and dental insurance; a 401k retirement savings plan with non-elective employer contribution; long- and short-term disability insurance; and more.
When you join Arteric, you’ll gain exposure and expertise unlike anything before in your career. You will be an active participant on a team that executes digital marketing and deploys advanced technologies that other agencies attempt to emulate. You WILL be a digital marketing authority.
Arteric was named a 2019 Best Place to Work by Medical Marketing and Media (MM&M). We are a small but rapidly expanding team of digital explorers who thrive on adventurous projects and care for each other and our clients like no other agency on the planet. Exceeding client expectations is our baseline.
Exceeding the expectations we set for ourselves is another de facto standard. Since 2018, we have garnered 37 website design and UX awards and have grown 40% annually. In 2019, MM&M included Arteric in their Agency 100, a list of the top 100 healthcare marketing agencies in the US. That same year, Gartner described Arteric as an agency that is creating value with AI and machine learning. This was in recognition of the thought leadership on SEO and AI that the firm has demonstrated with speaking engagements at 20+ digital marketing conferences over the past two years.
The Arteric Mission
We explore the boundaries of the possible and create life-changing experiences through feature-rich, defect-free deliverables that work everywhere and every time. We do this every day by connecting patients, caregivers, and healthcare providers to the information patients need to live longer, healthier lives.
We accomplish our mission by leveraging data science and analytics to extract insights from client data and external research. We execute on these insights through unique digital brand strategy and by innovating across the spectrum of digital marketing technology.
We do all of this without office politics and BS. We take pride in having a culture that is friendly and supportive. We know that together we can and do find the answers that we need for creating value and growth for our customers—because together, we are the experts in digital marketing.
Arteric is an Equal Opportunity Employer in compliance with the laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, age, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, or any other legally protected status.