Director, Digital Production
Do you have a proven track record of optimizing digital production processes? Would you be thrilled to lead an expanding team of digital project managers as they enable an award-winning digital agency to accomplish what other agencies say can’t be done?
Read on if you’re ready to push the boundaries of digital marketing.
About the Position
The director, digital production, reports to the general manager and is responsible for managing a growing team of digital project managers who drive delivery of complex digital projects, including website development, mobile apps, search marketing, and analytics.
In this role, you will help bring company core processes to the project level and deliver excellence in project management standards. The director has a unique opportunity to bring organization and a new approach to a talented and motivated agency. This is a very important leadership role that will have direct impact on how the business operates. It is an opportunity to guide a talented team, shaping their skill sets and career path.
Built on a foundation of two decades of digital marketing experience, Arteric knows the critical role a top-tier project management team plays in driving a company forward.
As Director, Digital Production, You Will
- Provide project management leadership over the agency’s digital project portfolios
- Mentor and coach digital producers
- Be accountable for your team of digital producers: lead your team to deliver successful projects and be a trusted advisor during issues resolution in the project lifecycle; coach on best practices in project management; mentor career advancement
- Streamline delivery methods and find solutions to optimize project operations as they apply to systems, process and procedures, and day-to-day delivery
- Develop staff plans, scopes of work, and associated project plans for complex initiatives and new business opportunities. Manage complex digital projects in concert with digital production team
- Author and manage project management deliverables such as project reports and presentations, team budget summaries, department process documentation, project process flows
- Ensure that the latest project-planning documentation and software are rolled out effectively and that agency teams are compliant with their use
- Be a problem solver for the agency
- Lead agency resource management: systemize resourcing, report weekly allocations, and report resource projections to general manager and controller
- Oversee and approve daily project plan components, as developed by the digital production team
- Communicate scope creep impact to senior leadership team and provide mitigation plans
- Model effective communication and project best practices as per our standard operating procedures
- Lead post-project assessment; document and organize lessons learned into new procedures
We are looking for a proven team leader with the skills and desire to help our clients WIN
- Bachelor’s degree required. Professional certifications in project management a plus.
- 10 years of project management experience in a digital marketing agency environment
- 2+ years of experience managing a project management team
- Experience in agile and waterfall approaches to software development
- Technical savvy and a knowledge of current development methodologies
- Experience with JIRA, time-tracking software, or similar project management tools
- Ability to balance evolving priorities in team management and project management
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities between people and projects
- Ability to identify process improvement opportunities and an understanding of how to implement new procedures
- Trusted mentor and coach
- Open-mindedness and learning orientation
- Detail orientation and mastery of verbal and written communication
- Experience with CMS systems, especially WordPress, is a plus
- Experience in a fast-paced digital agency environment
- Experience with SEO, analytics, SEM/pay-per-click or mobile projects
Why Choose Arteric?
Our mission is to “Explore the boundaries of the possible and create life-changing experiences through feature-rich, defect-free software that works everywhere and every time.”
Arteric is an award-winning agency that accomplishes this globally for blockbuster healthcare, DTC, and OTC brands. The hallmark of our work is superior execution and the enthusiastic pursuit of quality.
This is a tall order for most healthcare agencies; but as software developers turned marketers, we do it every day, at scale. We are driven to connect patients, caregivers, and healthcare professionals to the health information patients need to live longer, healthier lives.
Our core competence is the development of digital strategy and the execution of it through the design, building, and maintenance of complex digital properties. Our websites and Web applications are available in over 35 countries and 28 languages; we reach more than 6 million people per year. Over the past 18 months, we architected, developed, tested, and deployed more than 260 digital healthcare projects. We serve a mix of Rx and OTC/CPG brands. And we won 15 design awards in 2018. We are stacking our team because our client responsibilities are growing rapidly.
When you join Arteric, you will experience opportunities and challenges that will catalyze your growth. We believe in a Just Culture that focuses on technical competence, the merit of ideas, hard work, and innovation. We value a passion for learning and discovery, industriousness, selflessness, resilience, rigorous honesty, and exceptional competence.
We make it easy for you to enjoy life inside and outside of work. We have a generous paid-time-off policy that mandates unplugged time off (bonuses are paid for disconnecting—no email or phone communication), 100% paid employee medical insurance, 401k retirement savings plan with non-elective employer contribution, long- and short-term disability insurance, vision, dental, and more.
If you’re a leader who takes pride in shaping careers, are a master at managing multiple digital marketing projects, and want to play a key role in a growing digital healthcare communications agency, send us your résumé.
This is a full-time, onsite position at Arteric’s office in Summit, NJ.
Arteric is an Equal Opportunity Employer in compliance with the laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, age, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, or any other legally protected status.