Digital Art Director
Do you have a history of creating memorable, inspiring, and effective experiences for healthcare professionals and the people whose lives they touch, no matter what language they speak? Can you make a story jump off a page, regardless of screen size—or when screens are absent altogether? Can you conceptualize and bring to life a creative vision that thrills your clients’ customers AND your development team?
If so, please keep reading. We’re looking for you.
About the Position
Arteric is searching for a digital art director with a strong understanding of UX and an eye for creating purposeful, well-designed interactions to join our growing team in Summit, NJ. The ideal candidate is an advocate for the user, motivated by the need to create the simplest designs that enable delightful experiences with our solutions.
As a digital art director, you will have the primary responsibility of crafting user experiences and executing designs that deliver wonderful user experiences that delight our clients and elevate Arteric’s capabilities. To excel in this position, you'll capture and interpret input on your innovative designs from the client and from a cross-functional team and use that information to create better user experiences.
You will work with a team of world-class engineers and healthcare marketing strategists to out-innovate and out-compete all other agencies. You will be the champion of the user and fight for the best design solutions by working closely within a team of strategists, project managers, writers, developers, and other agencies.
With strong presentation skills, you will be able to provide a well-thought-out rationale for the design and UX decisions. You will be accountable for core responsibilities, as well as for expanding your knowledge of the latest user experience approaches, design trends, and technology solutions.
You must be able to communicate clearly with the team and assist with all aspects of the business. It has been said, "you will learn more about digital in one year at Arteric than possibly the entirety of your career leading up to your first day."
As a Digital Art Director, You Will
- Have exceptional visual communication skills that translate customer needs into impactful experiences and that meet communication objectives and budget requirements through appropriate design and enhanced CX
- Originate fresh, innovative concepts to solve clients’ business problems
- Transform conceptual ideas into creative, effective digital designs across multiple platforms
- Be a strong advocate of protocols of design consistency and design principles
- Create wireframes and interactive demos to illustrate the project's concept and requirements
- Be knowledgeable of appropriate design techniques and disciplines (digital, interactive, graphic, iconography, data visualization, typography)
- Collaborate effectively with a multidisciplinary team in troubleshooting, and introduce new creative ideas to achieve a common goal
- Present creative work confidently to all stakeholders, validating design choices and explaining strategic & users’ rationale, helping our clients understand the complexities of our tech solutions
- Work to aggressive time constraints, working to multiple high-pressure project deadlines, while remaining on budget
- Create time estimates for work on each project
- Participate in developing and presenting thought-provoking and innovative new business pitch decks
- Participate in brainstorming and creative workgroups to conceptualize new work
- Be able to work to technical specifications, or provide specification solutions
- Work with our QA teams to ensure the integrity & standards of our designs by performing creative reviews of our websites or apps after development is complete
- Create & maintain well-organized master files (PSDs) that increase team efficiencies, particularly the development team’s
- Demonstrate a firm expertise of corporate identity and branding, logo design, and style guide creation and adherence
- Create, manipulate, and optimize images in Adobe Photoshop
- Participate in discovery and design gap analysis with the team
- 5+ years of experience in a digital agency environment
- Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite
- Advanced skills in Axure or comparable wireframing and prototyping software
- Proven portfolio of web design, app design, digital advertising, and UX work, including responsive design across platforms
- Strong understanding of how content and functionality work together to present conceptual work at the wireframing stage, including a fundamental understanding of IA & UI prototyping
- Strong understanding of how to use typography, color theory, and negative space to express hierarchy
- Strong comprehension of grid systems for cross-platform design
- Understanding of the capabilities and limitations of web design, including knowledge of appropriate file formats, resolution, and compression
- Experience in creating digital style guides
- Impeccable verbal & written communication skills that enable the articulation of the design rationale
- Full understanding of color theory and color systems (CMYK, RGB, HEX)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- BFA or MFA
Nice to Have:
- Experience in healthcare or a similar regulated industry
- Experience in working with Zeplin, Sketch, and/or InVision
- Technical knowledge of how websites are built and delivered (WordPress/Drupal)
- Social media marketing expertise
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint
- Experience in print publication
- Knowledge of coding and/or analytics
- Photography/video/editing experience
Why Choose Arteric?
Our mission is to “Explore the boundaries of the possible and create life-changing experiences through feature-rich, defect-free software that works everywhere and every time.”
Arteric is an award-winning agency that accomplishes this globally for blockbuster healthcare, DTC, and OTC brands. The hallmark of our work is superior execution and the enthusiastic pursuit of quality.
This is a tall order for most healthcare agencies; but as software developers turned marketers, we do it every day, at scale. We are driven to connect patients, caregivers, and healthcare professionals to the health information patients need to live longer, healthier lives.
Our core competence is the development of digital strategy and the execution of it through the design, building, and maintenance of complex digital properties. Our websites and Web applications are available in over 35 countries and 28 languages; we reach more than 6 million people per year. Over the past 18 months, we architected, developed, tested, and deployed more than 260 digital healthcare projects. We serve a mix of Rx and OTC/CPG brands. And we won 15 design awards in 2018. We are stacking our team because our client responsibilities are growing rapidly.
When you join Arteric, you will experience opportunities and challenges that will catalyze your growth. We believe in a Just Culture that focuses on technical competence, the merit of ideas, hard work, and innovation. We value a passion for learning and discovery, industriousness, selflessness, resilience, rigorous honesty, and exceptional competence.
We make it easy for you to enjoy life inside and outside of work. We have a generous paid-time-off policy that mandates unplugged time off (bonuses are paid for disconnecting—no email or phone communication), 100% paid employee medical insurance, 401k retirement savings plan with non-elective employer contribution, long- and short-term disability insurance, vision, dental, and more.
If you’re an artisan committed to crafting exquisite experiences, are skilled at managing multiple digital marketing projects, and want to play a key role in a growing digital healthcare communications agency, send us your résumé.
This is a full-time, onsite position at Arteric’s office in Summit, NJ.
Arteric is an Equal Opportunity Employer in compliance with the laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, age, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, or any other legally protected status.